Whether you work as an estate agent or a commercial property manager, there are various challenges and stressors associated with residential letting maintenance. While some of these are out of your control, such as maintenance damage caused by negligent tenants or adverse weather conditions, being aware of these challenges gives you a chance to resolve them quickly whenever they arise.
With that in mind, here are some of the most common residential letting maintenance challenges - and how you can use a Commercial Building Company to resolve them.
- Negligent tenants. Negligent tenants are a concern for both residential and commercial landlords and property owners - and while you should vet all tenants before a contract is signed, this doesn't guarantee there will not be problems further down the line. As a result, you should ensure that you factor property maintenance and care in the content so that they are liable for any damages occurring during their tenancy.
- External damages. External damages, such as broken or missing roof tiles, are another common challenge when it comes to maintaining residential letting properties. This is because they can quickly lead to other issues, such as the build-up of moisture within the property. As a result, you should make the most of Property Maintenance Solutions for external damage, such as Roofing Services.
- Damp and Mould. Your Block Management services often mean that you are required to pay close attention to the health and wellbeing of your clients - meaning you must ensure that you are providing them with a safe living environment. This means that you must be wary of letting maintenance issues that can have a negative impact on their health, such as damp and mould. Additionally, you should also ensure that you have reactive maintenance plans in place that allow you to respond to significant concerns sooner rather than later. For example, you should have a plan of action in place for when unlikely events occur, such as water leaks, roof leaks, electrical faults, security issues and health and safety concerns. At The Complete Property Group, we’re on hand to deal with all the above issues.
- Pest Control. Pest control is another common problem faced by residential property owners, particularly in busy urban or inner-city areas where waste can accumulate quickly. As a result, you must be equipped to deal with these issues when they arise while likewise encouraging tenants to be vigilant and proactive in dealing with them and their causes.
- Security issues. Security issues within your residential properties present a challenge for both tenants and property owners, meaning you must strive to make your property as secure as possible. One way in which you can achieve this goal is by carrying out fencing repairs to ensure that no unauthorised personnel gain entry into your property. Additionally, these services can be used to carry out necessary repairs after bad weather, such as wind and storms - which often cause significant damage to the exterior or residential properties.
It is a challenging role to maintain and let property but provided you have robust planning in place and a good relationship with a property maintenance company, property is a great investment.