As a commercial property manager or an estate agent, there are various daily duties and on occasion issues that you must contend with. For example, you may be expected to converse with prospective tenants or conduct viewings. However, you are also responsible for the upkeep and maintenance of your properties.
There are various reasons why Property Maintenance solutions are essential. For example:
- They keep your property in the best possible condition and, in some cases, can even build commercial buildings back to their original state.
- On average, well-maintained commercial properties are more valuable when they hit the market - which is excellent news if you are considering selling your property in the future.
- Minor repair issues will quickly turn into major repair issues if not identified and resolved in a timely manner. As a result, they will become a more expensive problem for your company to deal with.
- Regular maintenance ensures you are complying with all government health and safety regulations, avoiding incidents and the legal complications and fines that often follow safety breaches.
At The Complete Property Group, we offer a range of Commercial Building Services designed to put your mind at ease. For example, our Block Maintenance services can be used to tackle issues such as pest control and fire hazards within your commercial property. One of our most popular Property Maintenance services is our Building Dilapidation Service.
What is Building Dilapidation Service?
Dilapidation services are required when buildings require urgent or necessary maintenance to deal with dilapidation. For example, this could include duties such as:
- Aesthetic issues (Chipped paint, peeling wallpaper etc.)
- Replacement of damaged or worn-down carpet/wooden flooring.
- Reinstatement of blockwork dividing walls.
- Removal of any dangers or hazards such as asbestos and mould.
- Removal of internal partitions
- Wire testing & lighting upgrades.
- Replacement of damaged windows/repairing window frames.
You can find an example of our previous work here.
Why are Building Dilapidation Services necessary?
As mentioned previously, building dilapidation services are necessary as it is within your best interest to keep your property in good condition. For example, if you were managing a residential property, then any unresolved maintenance issues are your responsibility - which could lead to trouble should an accident occur where a tenant is harmed or injured. For example, you may be required to cover medical costs or face criminal charges due to your negligence. Conversely, if you are considering selling your property in the future, you will be able to ask for a much more attractive asking price should your property be in good condition instead of in a state of disrepair. This is due to the simple fact that well-maintained properties are of higher value.
If you have any questions or would like to learn more about any of the services we offer as an experienced and respected Commercial Building maintenance service please do not hesitate to get in touch. A member of our team will be happy to talk to you about your project and advise which services may be best for you.